6.24.2020

New Post - New Focus

I am working on the Irish Census (1901 and 1911). This might seem a little random, but in these turbulent times I have had to isolate and with nothing to keep me focused except randomness, I decided to see if I could find a closer relationship link for Ant and Dec.

If you don't know who Ant and Dec are then you probably don't watch Britain's Got Talent, I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here, or Saturday Night Takeaway. These are British shows that feature Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly. Last year they did a show called Ant and Dec's DNA Journey and found out they were related through DNA, but they are both from Ireland and their ancestors lived within 75 miles of each other - for goodness sake. They must have a closer connection. Well, I've been trying to find it.

I have found McPartlins married to Donnellys, but they just don't "fit" yet. So, I've been working on the 1901 and 1911 Census records for Draperstown and Desertmartin. At the moment I am just trying to connect anyone. Next I will branch out and add all of County Londonderry. Then I will start adding the surrounding counties. It might sound boring to some, but I have a messed up sleep cycle and what else can one do at 3 am (get into trouble?).

Anyway, I hope to have some pages up soon with families and connections for Draperstown, County Londonderry, and Desertmartin, County Londonderry. These are where Declan says his family is from. I have found some of his family members there and am trying to connect more people to his family. I don't know what family history they already have compiled (they are very private people), so I am doing the best I can with the information from the DNA show.

For me - its been entertaining. Some day I will connect to the Donnellys and McPartlins in a more personal way. Some would say "we are all connected, in some fashion or another". I say "I am".